Change Password in Outlook: Outlook is just the alternative to Gmail, and it is the second most popular email service provider today. When you first sign up your Outlook account you will need to enter your details like username and password of your email so that outlook can easily recover your details from your email. But the rule of Outlook is totally different where if you change the password of your email then you will also change the password of your Outlook account.
But changing password of Outlook seems to be difficult, so with this guide on how to change passwrod in outlook? I have come here to make your work easier in changing the password of your Outlook account.
How to Change Password in Outlook Within Few Minutes
Guide to Change Password in Outlook:
You can change your Outlook account password till you remember your original password and changing password of your Outlook account is really important to keep your account safe from hackers. Yes, now you can change your Outlook profile password by changing your Microsoft accont password also. But today lets see the different and simple ways to change password in Outlook account.
Here is the step by step guide for changing your password of your Outlook account within some few minutes. But here below I will be giving you three different methods of changing passwords out of which you can adopt any one out of it.
1. Click on the “File” button of the menu bar in the Outlook page. Here you will find many options
2. Now tap on the “Account Settings” button which is present in the front option.
3. Again tap on the “Account settings” button
4. Now click on the account for which you want to change the password.
5. Click on the “change” button and type your new password clearing your old password.
6. Finally tap on the “Ok” button after you finish setting your new Outlook password.
This is all the six simple steps to change your Password of your Outlook account, but note that if you are having Microsoft Outlook 2003 software version you will not be able to follow this steps for changing your password. Not to worry there are two more steps for you, which you can use for changing Outlook password successfully.
1. Click on the “Tool” button of your Outlook window which is present in the menubar that is on top of the screen.
2. You will get a lis of menu after tapping on the “Tool” button. So now click on the “Account settings” option which will open you a new window of Account settings.
3. Tap on the “Data Files” button from the menubar of your Account settings window. This will display you all the data files of Outlook.
4. Now tap on the “Settings” button under data files. This will againg take you to the another window of your data file of outlook.
5. Tap on the “Change Password” button.
6. Now type your old password, type your new password and verify your new password. Note this shall be typed in their desired box.
7. Click on the “Ok” button after you finish all the steps. Hence, you have finally changed your password.
This method two if flexible with any software version of Microsoft Outlook which means you can also do this in your Outlook of 2003.
For following this steps you will need to have internet connection in your device because you will need to visit to the account reset website of Outlook. Lets look upon the steps below
1. First of all go to the account reset site of Outlook that is “account.live.com/password/reset“
2. After you go to this page you will directly go the a window where you will find three points i.e. “I forgot my password“, “I know my password but can’t sign in” & “I think someone else is using my microsoft account“. Select “I forgot my password” option and click on the “Next” button to continue with the further procedure.
3. Now enter your Outlook email in the “mail or Phone” box and complete th Captcha. Click on the “Next“ button when done.
4. Now you will be asked to select one option to verify you. If you are having your email or phone connected with your Outlook account then you can choose the “text*******27” option. But if you are not having any then you can choose the “I don’t have any of these” option where you will need to fill up a small questionnaire instead of getting a OTP in your phone or secondary email.
5. After you select on the “text*****27” option you will have to give your OTP code and click on the “Next” button, this will take you to more further procedure.
6. Enter your new password now in the given box which should be of atleast 8 characters. Reenter your new password correctly and click on the “Next” button.
Finally you have got your new Outlook passord now without no problem.
The above three methods are all effective to change your Outlook password. The first method is applicable to the latest version software of Microsoft Outlook but if you are using the 2003 version you will not get the options to change password in the “File” option, but you can do it teh other way through “Tool” option. But the other two methods can be done in any software version of Microsoft Outlook.
The above three methods are different effective ways to change password in Outlook. You can follow any of the steps according to you and get you passwod chaged within a minute. While giving your new password I would like to say that you must not give some easy password which can be easily hacked or known by other, you must give those combination like your phone number, your lucky name or you can even give your birthdate. But I would like to insist you to give password which not only contain alphabets but also have some numerical figures.
I hope you are now clear in setting your new password to your Outlook account and you may also know the way to set strong password for your Outlook account. If you are having any queries on the steps or methods listed above, do share with us in comment section.